Skip to content
Index Help & Support Bug Reports

Chat bugs: No Chat Mention, possibly not rain hit message too

Posted by boomerang_fr 1 month ago
5 95
Level 61
Chat bugs: No Chat Mention, possibly not rain hit message too
Posted 1 month ago
Hi, I've confirmed earlier that I'm no longer receiving any Chat Mention. Also, when robynmartin6 made rain (that is made to hit all users), I didn't see a message saying I got hit in the chat, nor a Chat Mention, but I think I have received the coins. Is the chat code being modified? Is there a bug hitting me? Are there others having similar issues? This topic is there to ask for answers to those questions. Thanks in advance for your participation.
Level 225
RE: Chat bugs: No Chat Mention, possibly not rain hit message too
Posted 1 month ago
Hello, I know how to resolve this bugs, simply change your name to a normal one , no special characters  as example : your first name was : ★KYOKO★ Then you need to change it like this  : KYOKO just go to https://faucethub.io/dashboard/settings , and change your username, but you need 10.000 satoshi to change it. Cheers
Level 77
Posted 1 month ago
works for me no issues.. may be you need to log out  and login 
Level 61
Posted 1 month ago
Logging out then back in doesn't work. I will wait a bit more to see if I get an official answer (here or from support ticket), or if my case can help test a bugfix, but after a while, I suppose I will have to try Kyoko solution.
Level 224
Posted 1 month ago
I know sometimes ill see where it would say i get a chat mention and nothing populates when i click the mention tab. After a couple page refreshes it shows up but there are times where i dont even get any mentions show up until i either log back in or clear my cache. That usually works for me. I would definitely try to clear your browser cache and see if that works. might have to log back in though which i know is a pain lol but other than that i do run into a similar issue that you have with chat mentions.
Level 61
Posted 28 days ago, last edited 28 days ago
Changing my username restored the Chat Mentions For a reason completely beyond my understanding, it also seems to have restored my ability to start typing a message immediately after clicking an username, while before the input box would not receive focus after such a click. I don't know if rain hit message not appearing is fixed yet, but I will update this message accordingly when I know (can't ask for rain to check earlier lol). edit: rain hit messages appearing again confirmed.No idea why this had stopped working, it doesn't even use username to begin with. Conclusion: the system really has trouble with special characters (this all happened when my "fr" was using the special characters that could be translated into a french flag on some systems).If it's too hard to hunt every little thing that may get broken because of it, maybe the system should reject username choice (both at registration and on name change feature) that contains such characters, extending the rejection that already exist for name request on already used name.